Saturday, April 16, 2011

Health Kick.

I've decided to try and get started on a bit of a health kick.
Last year I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease - basically an allergy to gluten, which when left untreated can lead to malnutrition, weight loss, nausea, abdominal pain, altered bowel habits and a lot of other annoying symptoms. At the time of diagnosis, I weighed 48 (sometimes 49 or 47 ) kg, and I had been this weight for the best part of 6 years, 6 years which I'd experienced a variety of vague gastrointestinal symptoms with no specific or (at least in my mind) identifiable trigger. The treatment for this disease is a 'gluten-free diet' - to which my first reaction was devastation!!

Luckily, I've got a wonderful friend: Lavender's Green who has a very serious gluten intolerance, so she and I have a wonderful time exchanging GF ideas and recommendations. In fact a large amount of our conversations centres around food. But as a result of going gluten free and treating my coeliac disease, I've managed to put weight back on which don't get me wrong is a wonderful thing but I'd like to put that weight on in a healthy manner so my aim is to increase my fitness, my strength and my tone.

My aim:
6/7 nights of stretches, shoulder exercises and abdominals.
4+ sessions of cardio - cycling, running, walking or fitness videos.
Increasing fruit and vegetable intake - at least a serve of each a day.

1 comment:

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

I love that 99% of our conversations revolve around food!!!

x Jasmine