Sunday, August 15, 2010

The mechanic lied...

So I was reading back over my blog a little and stumbled across this entry:


So with regards to my car, turned out I had a hole in my exhaust pipe. I found this out at one of my services where I had this conversation with the mechanic.

Mechanic: So it turns out that you have a hole in your exhaust pipe.
Me: Oh gosh, do I really? Is that dangerous...
Mechanic: Oh no... not really...
Me: So I'm not likely to die from it.
Mechanic: ... well no, probably not...
Me: Then in that case, how long can I leave it.
Mechanic: I'd say you have till about 110,000km
Considering the car still has 10,000 till then.
Me: And you say it will cost how much.
Mechanic: X-dollars.
Me: See you in 10,000km.

For the next 7,000km my car became increasingly louder as the hole got larger, until I was driving through an intersection one day and...



this dropped out of the bottom of my car.
I literally drove through it, heard a kind of crumple-crash, looked in my rear-view mirror to see that lying in the middle of the road. At which stage I pulled over and called my sister who was 300m away.

Me (No idea what it is): I think my engine just dropped out of the bottom of my car...

1 comment:

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

:o

:O

:O!!!!

That is all I can say!

:o